Friday, April 12, 2013

A Few Thoughts

Well, I am certainly grateful to have some extra time off between treatments to allow for more recovery time.  While I'm feeling well overall, I still have a lingering cough that I will be so happy to see go one day (hopefully soon!).

Lena had her first week of preschool this week, and she did fantastic!  She will be going twice a week for now, and she's having a blast.  My Dad went to pick her up today, and her teacher told him that she didn't want to leave, so I take that as nothing but a good sign, and again, I'm so very grateful that she is adjusting well to all of these changes.

I also wanted to get on here and share a few thoughts that have been on my mind...  I feel a bit angry and betrayed almost by the healthcare system for not making me more aware of the fact that I should have been more vigilant about getting any and all bumps checked out immediately over the years.  That would have made early-detection possible for me.  Instead, I am thanking God for my miscarriage, because without it, I would not have made that second mammogram appointment, and the cancer would have been found later - most likely spread elsewhere, and I would have been much worse off.  Not to mention, that I would be going through treatment while carrying a child.  I can not even image the horror of that road, but I know it happens.

So my point is this, if you have fibrocystic breasts, please be hyper-aware.  Get any lumps checked immediately.  It's better that your doctor think you're a crazy hypochondriac than being diagnosed with a late stage cancer.  Since sharing this blog with you all, three people have already told me about having the same fibrous breasts, and that they were going to make appointments soon, if they had not already done so.  So, for that, I am so happy that our story has helped.

2 comments:

  1. You are in my thoughts constantly and my prayers. You are so loved sweet girl and you amaze me with your strength. love, love, love you! Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear that Lena loves preschool!

    You, Jason and Lena are constantly in our thoughts and prayers! Keep fighting-we all know you will beat this!!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete