Thursday, April 18, 2013

Round 2


We are so uplifted by all of your support! Thank you so much to our family for setting up the fundraiser, and our heartfelt thanks to everyone for your incredibly generous donations, emails, texts, carepackages, stories, phone calls, advice and prayers. It is really awesome and touching and really fills us with a ton of love in this time when we need it most. So thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

We enjoyed the week off from treatment last week as Sarah's health continued to improve. I was able to delay my written board exam until June (amazing) and we had an emotional, but positive family hair buzzing experience, and as soon as Lena saw Mommy's new 'do, she asked if she could get her hair cut too. I practically almost had the clippers to her toddler curls before Mommy shut that down.  My lady looks so good with this pixie cut! And, as her assistant barber, I feel like I should get some of the credit. The last time I shaved someone else's head, besides my own, I put a nice size clipper cut out on the side of R Horn's head. I kept reminding Sarah how courageous she was to let me help her cut her hair.

We had a smooth round two of treatment yesterday. As per Dr's orders, the meds were dose reduced by 20% to minimize the chance of the same severe neutropenia after the first dose. Besides feeling really tired, with some mild yuckiness, Sarah's been doing relatively well since yesterday.

Again, we are in awe of all of your support coming in, and feel so grateful to have you in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment